Sunday, February 5, 2012

Guilty Pleasure


One of my guilty pleasures is Grey's Anatomy.  Who is anxiously waiting for the current season to hit DVD so I can watch it without commercials...ME!

My favorite character is Callie Torres.  She is strong and spunky and has a ginormous heart.  In Season 8 they did a musical episode.  Most of it was pretty cheesy  to be very honest...and I LOVE musicals.  However the episode centered around Callie and was pretty critical, so I watched.  At one point Callie (played by Sara Ramirez) sings this incredible song...and it just  grabbed my attention.  Her performance was amazing and I was drawn to it.  It is the general consensus that it is a love song, but when I listen to it, I think it fits in the context of family and the love I have as a parent to my children.  This is Sara's performance on Good Morning America...she has some incredible pipes.

The song is called "The Story" and the original artist is: Brandi Carlile.  Her video is pretty amazing too.

Here are the lyrics:

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am

But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true, I was made for you

I climbed across the mountaintops
Travel across the ocean blue
I cross over lines and I broke all the rules
And baby I broke them all for you

Oh because even when I was flat broke
You made me feel like a million bucks
You do, I was made for you

You see the smile that's on my mouth
It's hiding the words that don't come out
All of the friends who think that I'm blessed
They don't know I'm in this mess

No they don't know who I really am
And they don't know what I've been through
Like you do, and I was made for you

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am


Oh but these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them too
It's true, I was made for you
Oh yeah, and it's true, I was made for you.


I hope you enjoy it as much as I do...music has such power to inspire and touch the soul.  Think of this song from a parents/families perspective and see how the words truly fit.  My family is the most important thing to me, they are the ones who know me the best, good and bad, they truly know my story and I know theirs.  We chose to be a family before we came to earth and we make choices everyday so that we can be a family when our time on earth is done.  


I am incredibly blessed even when things get messy and this is a great reminder of that.  :)


~B



No comments:

Post a Comment