Thursday, November 1, 2012

November: Diabetes Awareness Month



November is designated as Diabetes Awareness Month...funny, last November, I had no idea how intimately  familiar I would become with Diabetes.

Diabetes affects nearly 24 million Americans, that is 7.8 percent of the population.

November 14th is World Diabetes Day!  A day designated to bring awareness to this disease and blue is the color assigned to Diabetes.  Will you join me in wearing blue that day to help get the word out? If you wear blue take a picture, I'd LOVE to see it.  You can email me a picture or a blog link, leave a link to your blog in the comments, or if you have a Facebook account and want to post a picture, make sure to tag me (Becky Sossaman Dustin) so I can check it out.  If you want to share diabetes information, you could post a link to my blog, the Diabetes 101 tab would be marvelous, or the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation is a good source for people to find out more information.

I am dedicating myself and this blog to Diabetes Education this month.  I will be focusing on both the sobering educational facts as well sharing how Diabetes is having to fit into our lives.  It's a journey that's for sure...join me for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment