Today’s prompt is: 10 Things I Couldn’t Live Without. Write a list of the 10 things you need (or love most). Ooh, cue the band ala David Letterman:
- My Testimony of Jesus Christ. I could not live without the knowledge that there is a way for me to return to live with my Heavenly Father. That my sins can be forgiven, the price has been paid. And the knowledge that my family, whom I love dearly, can be together for eternity. This is powerful and I lean on this testimony heavily.
- My family. I love them fiercely.
- Insulin for my son and all related diabetic supplies…which would include candy.
- My Peanut. Peanut is my yorkie dog. I love her and the feeling is mutual. I rescued her from the pound and she shows me gratitude for that on a daily basis. My kids are growing up, my husband is gone a lot and Peanut is always there for me. She lives to sit in my lap and love me and snuggle me and make me feel good. I LOVE my peanie poo.
- My car. I know this sounds so materialistic. But I spend a good portion of time in my car. This is the first car that I got to pick out (within reason). Everything I have had previous to this has been about the kids and the cheapest price possible…or was what the family needed to have. But this…this is all mine. I love my 2012 Kia Sorrento. She is shiny black. I named her Echo and she has a Pink Princess crown on her antennae.
- My iPhone. It connects me to my family and my friends. Actually, I really love most of the modern technologies that we have in place. I love them when they help us connect. Facetime with my sister and her kids thousands of miles away is wonderful. Technology does concern me when it causes us to disconnect from interpersonal relationships. I see it all the time working at the high school level.
- Books…sigh. I love to read, to escape my reality and go to a fantasy created for me by an author. Little Women is my all-time favorite book. I have read it once a year since I was in 3rd grade.
- My Camera. I love to take pictures and document our life. I recently got a Canon 7D and I love it. I have also fallen in love with my iPhone camera, very unobtrusive and makes it so easy to snap those candid moments without the posed smile or the photo bomb. Seriously, does anyone else have a son who feels the need to do that in every.single.picture?
- Disney…Disney is my happy place and where I love to go on vacation. 2 of my 3 kids agree with me. At Disney I get to be a kid again.10. The Beach…mmm, I love to listen to the waves and the birds at the beach. It fills me with peace and serenity. Our beach up here is cold, I would love to go to a warm beach. I think I would really enjoy that.Really the first 3 are the things I could not live without…nothing else would matter. There is a big difference between what I could live without and what I love. BUT since this is also a love list, I got to add 4-10, and to be honest I struggled with what to even put there.